NZ OWNED & OPERATED
Start Your Gut Health Journey
The first half of the year is often a time you try new things or get back on track after all the summer festivities. It's about doing what's right for your health so you can look and feel your very best.
Let's get back to nature and see how good you can feel - starting with the gut. We’re not talking about what your belly looks like on the outside. It’s what’s inside that counts… and it really does! Gut health is linked to pretty much every other body system, including brain health, digestion, immune function, circulation and energy levels. Clean up your gut, and you’ll clean up your whole life!
Don’t know where to start? Check out these 6 Tips to Freshen Your Gut!
We’re not talking sit-ups and ab crunches. Just simple exercise. Movement of the body helps with other movement… yeah that kind. Which helps with just about everything else. Take a walk, ride your bike, swim a few laps, do something for 20 minutes every day, and you’ll help your heart, your brain and your GUT.
FOCUS YOUR EATING
Upgrade your food choices. Get back to natural. Less packaging, more produce. Add whole grains and fresh veggies that will increase your fiber intake, and that helps the flow through the gut. Fiber also feeds probiotics, which is good, and it supports cardiovascular health.
INCREASE THE FLOW
Water is your friend, giving your gut plenty of liquid to keep things moving along. Water also helps all of the body’s cells stay hydrated and healthy. Did you know it’s easier to drink more water if it’s at room temperature than if it’s cold? Try it for a week and see. And if you don’t like the taste of your local water, try using a filter. Or add a naturally flavored Solstic energy sachet for a tasty, nutritious drink - with an energy boost!
ADD GOOD GUYS
Probiotics are microscopic bacteria that fight your health battles every day. They help fend off unfriendly bacteria that want to take over your gut. And they perform many helpful functions, like nutrient absorption, improved digestion, better elimination and immune system support.
LET NATURE HELP!
Natural supplements can help quickly freshen your gut.
- Out with the bad. Nature’s Sunshine Lower Bowel Support is a powerful blend of cleansing herbs that support smooth and comfortable digestion and regular bowel elimination So dependable, it’s our top selling product!
- In with the good. Replenish your biome with friendly gut flora. Bifidophilus Flora Force is a nutritious blend of good guys that support digestion, balance and gut happiness.
- Digest better. Do your gut a solid - help it break down proteins, carbs and fats, so your body can use them better! Food Enzymes help support help support occasional indigestion and bloating.
- Freshen up everything. Add a little freshness to every sip of water with Liquid Chlorophyll. Detoxify your digestive tract and strengthen your gut with green, minty goodness. It also helps freshen breath and body.
While easier said than done, minimizing your stress can definitely help your gut health! For some of us that means taking a break from social and avoiding toxic news or people. For others, it’s reducing noise and finding quiet space to think. Here’s a few tips for de-stressing:
- Try meditating to relax. 15 minutes a day offers profound benefits.
- Deep breathing. Slower breathing helps muscles relax while extra oxygen tells the brain to relax the body.
- Exercise. It releases endorphins that boost confidence and may help improve sleep. Try yoga, walking, cycling or tai chi.
- Read! Find a comfy spot and sit down with a good book, or listen to an upbeat podcast.
- Stretch! Take 10 minutes a day to gently loosen up tight muscles. Game-changer!
- Volunteer. Helping others gets you out of your own head.
- Remember, don’t worry about things that you cannot control.
Make this your summer of renewal! Start your health journey by caring for your gut with these simple steps, and help your whole body get back to natural.